Joseph and Marta Dosa Scholarship
- $4,470 (3 graduate credits) cash grant for full-time or part-time students at Syracuse University School of Information Studies.
Professor Emeritus, Marta L. Dosa, Ph.D. (University of Michigan, 1971), spent nearly four decades contributing to the growth of knowledge in library and information science, and Dosa’s late husband served as librarian at Syracuse University from 1958 to 1965. Marta Dosa retired from Syracuse after 34 years of teaching, research, and service. Dr Dosa’s amazing professional contributions can be viewed more fully at the ALA Women of Library History website.
Florence R. Van Hoesen Award
- Amount between $4,470 – $14,000, which reflects the 2017-18 cost of $1490.00/graduate credit hour. Awardee is expected to contribute back to the fund upon gainful employment.
Dr. Florence R. Van Hoesen (1898-1979) was an Associate Professor Emeritus of Library Science at Syracuse University. Upon her death, she bequeathed an endowment to support deserving library science students at Syracuse University. Dr. Van Hoesen’s generosity has helped librarians to complete their degrees since 1980. Dr. Van Hoesen’s papers are held by the Syracuse University Archives.
- Download and complete the Dosa Scholarship and Van Hoesen Award Financial Aid application (revised 3/17) (PDF).
- Submit application by April 30, 2017
- Award recipients will be contacted after June 15, 2017.
Marion Mullen Travel Award
- $500 Presented annually to support ALA Annual conference attendance
- Submit application by May 17, 2017 [deadline extended]
- Award recipient will be notified by May 24, 2017
For More Information
See the iSchool’s Merit-Based Awards – Master’s and Certificate Students list and National Beta Phi Mu for additional scholarship and fellowship opportunities.