Joseph and Marta Dosa Scholarship
- Cash grant award in the amount of 3 graduate credits for full-time or part-time students at Syracuse University School of Information Studies. [Unavailable 2019]
Professor Emeritus, Marta L. Dosa, Ph.D. (University of Michigan, 1971), spent nearly four decades contributing to the growth of knowledge in library and information science, and Dosa’s late husband served as librarian at Syracuse University from 1958 to 1965. Marta Dosa retired from Syracuse after 34 years of teaching, research, and service. Dr Dosa’s amazing professional contributions can be viewed more fully at the ALA Women of Library History website.
Florence R. Van Hoesen Award
- Awards a cash amount ranging from the cost of 3 graduate credit hours to 12 graduate credit hours.
- To be eligible you must be a matriculated graduate MS/LIS student at the Syracuse University School of Information Studies and have successfully completed with distinction [i.e. GPA greater than 3.75] at least 18 graduate credits.
- Awardee is expected to contribute back to the fund upon gainful employment
Dr. Florence R. Van Hoesen (1898-1979) was an Associate Professor Emeritus of Library Science at Syracuse University. Upon her death, she bequeathed an endowment to support deserving library science students at Syracuse University. Dr. Van Hoesen’s generosity has helped librarians to complete their degrees since 1980. Dr. Van Hoesen’s papers are held by the Syracuse University Archives.
Application & Deadline Information
- Download and complete the Van Hoesen Award [2020 Application Available soon]
- Submit application by May 1, 2020
- Award recipients will be contacted after June 14, 2020.
- 2019 Dosa Award not Available
Marion Mullen Travel Award
- $500 Presented annually to support ALA Annual conference attendance
- Submit Mullen Award – 2020 – application by March 31, 2020
- Award recipient will be notified by April 30, 2020
For More Information
See the iSchool’s Merit-Based Awards – Master’s and Certificate Students list and
National Beta Phi Mu for additional scholarships, awards, and fellowships.